10 GHOST HUNTING TIPS
1. Make sure all of your equipment is fully charged and that you have extra batteries available. Ghosts have the ability to drain fully charged instruments.
2.Know your equipment, when your in the dark your equipment will be slightly more challenging.
3.In addition to equipment designed to nab your ghosts, you must also think about personal safety equipment.Torch,Glow Sticks,Walkie Talkie,Door Stops,First Aid kit,Food and Water,and Mobile Phone,
4. Be aware of the surroundings for safety sake. For best results, always take a daytime walk through before doing a nightime investigation, Remember you are in the dark, probably in a ruin and probably secluded so accidents can easily happen. Never go alone on a ghost hunt. Take along a partner for safety and peace of mind.
5. Make sure you have permission before entering private property such as a cemetery or abandoned house. I know how tempting this can be for a ghost hunter to do. If you have to use bolt cutters to get into your location, you’re doing it wrong! It’s not worth the risk. It might look like the old abandoned hotel is safe, but you don’t know about hidden hazards that could hurt or even kill you. If you want to get started quickly, investigate a public park or other public location where ghosts have been sighted or reported. Just be sure to respect the property, do no damage, and leave nothing behind.
6. Above all - NO HORSE PLAY! Remember Fake results are a waist of your time and your effort.
7. If you are scientifically minded, ....take along a notebook to record significant occurrences. Begin by logging in the starting time and weather conditions etc. Record all meter abnormalities, strange sounds, smells,sightings and feeling or emotions. Once the investigation is over You've got to scan photos for unusual or anomalous images. Look for orbs in your photos. Look for dark shapes or shadows that have no physical correlations. Put your thermal readings together with your EMF readings. Listen to the digital recordings for any EVPs. Try to piece it all together and look for evidence. This can be painstaking and requires a very discerning ear and eye. Working with a partner or having everyone on the team take a look at the data can be very helpful so you don’t miss anything.
8. Keep an open mind and expect the unexpected.
9. If you feel that some unknown force wants you out of there...then by all means get out! You should never go against these feelings or you could end up having something show up at your home.
10. Most of all enjoy your ghost hunting,and enjoy looking through the evidence.You never know you might of even found some paranormal activity.